Skip to main content

Avocado Breakfast Boats

 
So this morning I had to fast as I had to have some blood work done.  Of course this was the morning that I had to wake up super starving, So hungry I swear my stomach started eating itself.  Logically I had no reason to be this savagely hungry since I didn't have to stop eating until 2am the night before and probably wouldn't have eaten this early in the morning on any other day...but I assume that since my brain knew I had to fast, she went into panic mode.  By the time I got to the hospital, my innards were screaming and the entire waiting room was well aware of my situation.  I finish giving blood and now I'm both dizzy and nauseous.  How am I going to make it home? Why am I so dizzy? Ooooh yeah, I completely forgot I worked out Saturday and Sunday back to back and I'm still not used to working out after our Covid break.  ugh, I need to get home and get some protein in my system.  I get home and dig through the fridge.  What's quick? Whats got fat and protein?  Perfect! I've got a ripe avocado that I should probably use before she turns brown but what shall I eat her with?  Aha, let me try this Beyond Beef plant based sausage.  I found it on sale and have yet to try it.  Lets see if it is as good as the "beef"  But how do i combine the two of them into a meal.  Now when I was Paleo, I always saw recipes for eggs baked in an avocado.  It always looked spectacular but I never actually tried it.  So here is my opportunity! Sans egg of course!  This hardly needs a recipe but here goes anyways:

INGREDIENTS:
1 Avocado
2 Plant Based Breakfast Sausage Patties
1/2 medium Roma tomato, diced
handful of onion sprouts
Salt & pepper to taste
Avocado oil to drizzle

METHOD:
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
  • Cut avocado in half and remove the pit thing....is it called a pit?
  • Lie both halves face up on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle tops with avocado oil (I do this for no clean up purposes.  just pitch the foil when done)
  • Place both of the sausage patties on the foil as well and bake for around 10 - 15 minutes.  You can flip the sausages halfway through but I didn't bother.  Both sides were crispy for me.
  • Drizzle a few drops of oil and add salt and pepper to sprouts and tomatoes and mix them up.  I like to season my veggies so they aren't so dry and naked..
  • Chop or crumble the sausage right into the avocado.
  • Top with the tomato sprout salad
  • ENJOY. Mmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-Rex Breakfast Taco

Soooo I'm back!! I had my double mastectomy a week ago.  I slept like hell last night.  It kills where they took out my lymph nodes.  I woke up when Drake woke up but I couldn't fall back asleep.  I argued with myself and the pillow for about an hour and then decided that I was starving.  I know what I want to eat....the same thing.  I've had the same thing everyday since I've gotten home from the hospital.  Breakfast sausage taco thingy.  But one thing different today; today is Derek's first day back to work and my mom won't be here until the afternoon.  I've been lucky to have all my troops here to help me all week.  Between Derek, my Mom and Lila, I've been able to rest and have everything prepared for me.  So now I had to muster up the courage to make breakfast....hahahhaa muster, I stole this word from Derek, it cracks me up.  You can do this Anita.  Get out of the bed.   Pardon my poor photography, I had to use my T-Rex Arms to try and finagle this

Homage To My Mama - My take on what she feeds me

  Day 34 Plant Based Paleo I am a first generation American born Macedonian girl.  My parents grew up in Macedonia where they learned the arts of gardening and canning.  They carried these skills with them to America.  As a kid, I remember hating having to water the garden every night. My mom would tie a knit gardening glove or a sock to the end of the hose and I had to use this invention to water the garden with.  The garden consisted of millions upon millions of raised dirt rows,  each of which had to be watered.  (ok...it seemed this way as a kid but in reality it was a normal backyard sized garden)  Then I had to drag the hose allllll the way to the garden and place the glove at the end of each row and wait and wait and then wait some more for the water to get all the way to the end.   Turns out, it was well worth it.  Mid summer, the garden delivered my favorite salad, the village salad.  Fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers still warm from the sunshine.  We would roughly chop th

Jackfruit Carnitas

  Day 43 Plant Based Paleo Journey I seriously can't get enough of these Jackfruit Carnitas.  I continually tell myself that I will try Jackfruit in another form like a pulled Jackfruit sandwich, tacos, burrito bowl, ooooh a buddha bowl, curry, hmp....even pizza....anything really!!! But it hasn't happened.  I cant get over how crispy and salty I can get these and end up recreating the same dish over and over.  So here she is again but this time I got fancier with it.                I needed some sides with my carnitas and since rice and beans are big Paleo no-nos...instead I introduce some carrot and cauliflower rice along with adobo chile sweet potato mash.  I had previously made the sweet potato mash for another dinner and its texture reminded me soooo much of refried beans that I was determined to incorporate it into a Latin inspired meal.  Adding in the adobo chile really hit the spot!                                     Starting from avocado, we have thinly sliced radishe